In honour of the late Hon. Oliver F. Clarke, OJ, the JN Group, through the JN Foundation, is pleased to offer a deserving Jamaican student an opportunity to pursue post-graduate studies.
Three (3) Jamaicans will benefit from the great legacy of the Honourable Oliver Clarke, as the scholarship will cover up to J$2m of fees to complete selected programmes.
One recipient will be selected each year for the next three years.
- Have an active relationship with a company in the JN Group for at least one year – i.e. a member/customer/client of JN Bank/JN Fund Managers /JN General Insurance/JN Life Insurance Company/JN Small Business Loans/Jamaica Automobile Association/JN Money/JN Cayman
- Be Jamaican by birth or nationality
- Be enrolled in or have been accepted to study at the graduate/post-graduate level in Governance, Leadership or Public Administration. If already enrolled, the applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Consent in writing his/her willingness to work in Jamaica for a period of no less than three years after completion of study and be willing to carry out a community service project
- Preferably not a recipient of any other scholarships during the academic period
- Once notified, respond within seven days to accept or reject the scholarship and its terms
- A JN Group selection panel will award the scholarship to the applicant who best satisfies the selection criteria.
- All decisions by the JN Group selection panel are final.
- Application window opens: October 20, 2020
- Application window closes: November 9, 2020
- Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
- Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed by members of the JN Group selection panel
- The JN Group selection panel will convene thereafter and agree on the recipient of the scholarship.
- The JN Foundation will notify the applicant of his/her selection.