Our vision is that Jamaicans, wherever they may be, are able to achieve their fullest potential.
The JN Foundation works with internal and external partners to identify, develop and provide technical and financial support to projects and programmes that focus on issues relating to rural development, health, housing, education, youth, community, crime and safety.
The JN Foundation was established in 1990 as the charitable arm of the Jamaica National Group (JN Group). Our mandate is to manage and execute the philanthropic efforts of the Group, and contribute to the developmental needs of Jamaica. Built on the concept of mutuality, JN Foundation gives back to the Jamaican people and communities across the island, by providing financial and technical support to projects and programmes both at the community and at the national level.
Our guiding principles:
1. We are part of the solution and so is every Jamaican.
2. Innovation is a must.
3. Community and stakeholder empowerment is central to the sustained transformation of Jamaica.
4. Working with integrity and fostering trust are how we develop and maintain relationships with each other.
THE FOUNDATION'S LONG-TERM OBJECTIVES
- Increase employment readiness and self-sufficency through skills & personal development;
- Improve the educational achievement of students;
- Enhance the health and safety of all Jamaicans; and
- Strengthen social connectedness in order to support social empowerment.
- Improve environmental sustainability
INNOVATING, INSPIRING, IMPACTING.
LEADING WITH ACT!ON!
We believe in more action, less talk. We work to have a positive impact on the lives of communities through partnerships with JN Group subsidiaries, NGOs, international aid agencies, local funders and other private sector organisations. We have a reputation as an innovative developmental agency.
Why do we volunteer?
Inspiring video with testimonials from JN Foundation staff about why they volunteer and the impact of their actions.