Use of your personal information
JNF may require users/customers to give us confidential information including their names, telephone numbers and accounts information. When JNF asks that you provide us with confidential information such as identification cards we use technologically secure electronic systems.
Where deemed appropriate, as in the case of financial transactions with JNF, JNF will encrypt communication sessions using Secure Socket Layer encryption technology to ensure personal and financial information are secured as they travel over the Internet. JNF uses a minimum 128 bit encryption key.
As effective as any security system implemented by JNF may be, no security system is impenetrable. Therefore we cannot guarantee the complete security of your data, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
Strict corporate policies and procedures are adhered to, to prevent any breach or access by unauthorized persons and periodic reviews are conducted to avoid a breach of these policies to prevent any loss, misuse or changes to the information submitted. JNF constantly monitors all internal systems to ensure there has been no security breach, attack or attempted break-in.
Please note that JNF may outsource certain security measures to third party service providers.
JNF may generally use personal information which you have submitted to:
- Contact you where necessary;
- Provide information on JNF’s services;
- Answer your questions or requests;
- Process suggestions, feedback and complaints;
- Administer or otherwise carry out JNF’s obligations pursuant to its Agreement with you.
From time to time, JNF may need to collect data when visitors respond to promotional activities and surveys on its website. JNF will not share your personal information with any third party except for the following:
- Jamaica National Building Society (JNBS);
- JN Small Business Loans Limited;
- Jamaica National Building Society Foundation;
- where you give us written permission to do so;
- where it is necessary for the completion of transactions;
- to a consumer reporting agency for research purposes only;
- in order to comply with a an official request from any governmental agency or pursuant to a court order or otherwise where disclosure is required by law to prevent a crime (including fraud); or
- where disclosure is necessary to protect or defend JNF’s rights or property or those of its users/subscribers.
JNF will not sell your personal information to anyone. Your personal information is kept strictly confidential. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with JNF’s service, and to administer its website. Your IP address may also be used to gather broad demographic information. This data may be aggregated to gauge local interest or tailor JNF’s service or promotional offerings. JNF uses “cookies” to deliver content specific to your interests. JNF does not save your password or user credentials, you have to re-enter them each time you visit JNF’s site.
JNF is not responsible for the privacy policies, practices or the content of other websites including sites accessed from links on JNF or JNF from a third party website.
How you can contact us
If you have any questions you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org